Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

NaNoWriMo Time

I thought I would try to develop characters in the Louis XIV era on this blogger or maybe on Live Journal.  Both  probably since I had some trouble here having a piece on Philippe published.  The rules of NaNoWriMo prohibit having the novel already written but one should be prepared when writing a novel for that cause.  So I thought that the next effort I would make to have a book published at once would be on the era of the Ancien Regime, the time of Louis XIV.  I have not yet planned a novel as such but I thought if I worked through the characters one might come to me if I found a particular time period or event interesting in 50,000 words. So I am just playing and toying, sometimes in a narrative form, sometimes, in an actual drama form.  Because I have some readers at facebook who like to know about these things, I am sharing a few of my "writing attempts" there.  It is mostly to get it out of my system just to see what comes out as I proceed.  So it is not to be taken as anything but talking out loud and thinking out loud.

1 comment:

  1. Create Space is a part of Kindle and as a part of the NaNoWriMo experience is the chance to have your book published. Last time I did write a novel it was last minute spur of the moment and I also fell for the idea that they wanted it to be with all the warts, and grammar, construction errors etc....not so if you want that book to be published. One should try to write it as a final draft which is why I am going to be prepared...but I will follow the rules...but I can at least get familiar with my characters once again as it has been a long time since I studied the Ancien Regime. That is the name of the time period given to the time of kings in France.

    ReplyDelete