Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Facing death

As each year passes, we all face the ultimate end of our life. I am becoming more and more aware of it each and every day. Because I am alone, I am much more conscious of the need to take care of myself, to have someone who will be able to take care of my needs, and to know that should something happen to me, that there is a person who will notify my next of kin. I do not anticipate dying any time soon but I am feeling as though it could happen and that I should do something about it now. A classmate of mine suffered a heart attack, and died this past week. I am at the age where it could happen to me, and I am not ready. I feel sad to say that my cats alone are reason for me to live each and every day. I am so attached to them that I do not wish to pass out of their lives yet either. But I feel aches and pains that I had never had before, I tire easily, and I sleep sporadically. Life is passing, and while I am not afraid of death at all, but hoping that it does not hold for me anything like my dreams at night, I am not really ready for it to come. I know that my dad is though, and I do totally understand why it is that he longs for it so much.I am hoping I can see him soon before he does go...hoping he hangs on til I get up to see him...

No comments:

Post a Comment