Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blog posts into Book

I read a really good bit of advice today about turning a blog into a book. Ever since I began writing this blog, I have been thinking of setting up another with that purpose in mind. Often, ads come on asking if you want to turn your blog into a book. This particular blog could never do that, but understanding how a blog of short stories could be eventually made into a book is something that I am considering. The simple truth is that people love to read, but most read for escape, and a rare few read for information about subjects in which they are interested. It is difficult to get someone's attention though in this mass of blogs that are not saturating the internet. I have noticed that most historical blogs are simply rephrasing some historical data, but adding a lot of interesting photos to enhance the story. I frankly do not read very many historical blogs but I follow a rare few. However, I see and like the prospect of writing a short story then eventually the novel that follows or simply a collection of short stories about that topic...am considering that.

No comments:

Post a Comment