Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

#1000 posts Holy Moly!!!!!!

I just read an interesting story at Yahoo about an actress whose name frankly I have nearly forgotten, Rashida Jones or something to that effect who had called upon John Travolta to come out of the closet about his being gay.  Apparently, she believes that when men make accusations against him but drop their law suits that the accusations mean that he is guilty.

Rumors never mean that someone is what other people try to say that they are, no matter what it is that another person says until the person themself says that is what he is, nobody should jump to conclusions about anything he may  be, whether married, single, gay, straight, nun, monk, or priest whether actively or inactively.

I am going to discuss the problems that straights have with gays at this time in history. 

Most straight people do not like having the gay world try to force their lifestyle down their throats.  The gays are overly aggressive too many times, and most straights would just as soon that they keep their personal lives to themselves where they can find support and friendship with one another.

I have known many male gays but few female lesbians, and part of it is homophobia as they like to call it.  When I saw a movie called Fish and learned that Lesbians actually do dream about dates with another, and think about each other just as boys and girls do in the straight world, I was dumbfounded. I would hate to be a target of a lesbian dream or nightmare and that may be what is known as homophobia. I would not want some woman lusting after me.

I learned about gay lifestyles when a senior in high school. Before that, I knew little about it because it was not discussed or thought about in my world when I was a young kid growing up.  I had had too many boyfriends as a youngster, and during my adolescence, I withdrew into my shell, becoming very self conscious about my appearance and looks. I was afraid of either being rejected or overly desired by boys at that time as I was at that awkward age when I did not know how to handle myself with boys or men.

When I learned that boys like boys I did not know the graphics about what happens between men and boys then, but years later I found it, and frankly, it repulsed me, and I understood why the one gay friend I had would not confide in me what gays do to one another, or to boys or men that they like and want to have sexual favors from.

I came into contact with gays as an adult mostly in Arizona and California.  I had a neighbor who was a part of a transvestite group, and I dated and almost married a man who was bisexual, acdc, went both ways, and learned then the truth about what it is that men do to one another. Many men are married when young, but divorce, and then come out of their closet to admit that they are gay.  That is what had happened to this group of men who lived in the same apartment complex that I had lived in years ago.

I then met a group who worked at Saks Fifth Avenue as a hairdresser and his gang of merry men. We even partied together and he one time did do a hairstyle for me.  My favorite hairdresser in California was also gay, and admitted it so much that he wore eye mascara, and told me all about his Hollywood parties.  He knew how to manage my hair so that when I went to New York to meet Mr. Kenneth, Jackie O's hairdresser, I got a compliment from Mr. Kenneth. He liked my hairstyle.

So I have known many men who are gay and many who were quite fun and nice to know.  A fellow teacher friend of mine was rumored to be gay, and we all knew that he was. He was the drama teacher, but I liked him, and he and I were close friends to one another, since we were both from Ohio.  He got picked up at the May company for soliciting though and was jailed and thus lost his job at the school for his behaviour.

However, there are gays who are like my first childhood friend had told me about, abusive and mean to women.  I had some of those as students in my classes.  I could always tell who the gay boys are for they were often rude, mean, and nasty, often ugly towards women.  An incident at Center which is why I am discussing this now because Center was the stage for the abcnbc combo t.v. show Welcome Back Kotter, had a boy in class who everyone knew was gay.  This was in the 8th grade. Gay children know early in life that they like children of their own sex and they are often very outspoken about it.

This class was the setting for the t.v. show and all the kids knew it and were discussing it.  Eventually, it got so that it erupted in my classroom.  The kids had always said Put Us Down, whichI would not do, but they thought it was for the Dean Martin show.  It turned out that it was not only for the Dean Martin show but a tizzy of other shows as well including that with John Travolta and Ron Pallilo, the kid who died today, who had played the role of Horshack. 

I had seen him when he came to Detroit to discuss his role on the show and the writers of the show. I always knew the show was a copy of the kids in my class when one of the lines that I remember so well was "up your nose with a rubber hose". I remember exactly which student said that remark. All of this brings us to Lincoln, believe it or not.

Well, anyway, this gay kid came into my classroom and was very disruptive.  It was the first time that I actually did finally say something to put him down, and it was a doozy! 

I put him down good.  I won't say his name here.  It is an important one, named for a Hollywood actor in a way, but not John Travolta.

Another student, a nondisruptive one, and a budding film maker himself, and again these are eighth graders, was very helpful to me at the time, making me aware that all that was happening was being staged for a Hollywood film...turns out many different Hollywood films came from that classroom.

So when it comes to gays, and straights, as the boys liked to look up under our dresses and skirts, and one told about a model who walked around with no underwear on so that they could look up her dress when she walked up the stairs, believe me, the students of today, as that was when Doc Severinsen was with Today's Children, are not one bit bashful or shy about admitting to gay way or lusting after pretty teachers or classmates.

It won't matter to anyone whether one is gay or straight but at least let us be honest about it and don't lie about someone's lifestyle.  I am not attracted to or interested in anyone who is gay or homosexual which ever word one prefers to designate, but I know that nobody is going to drum either out of existence.  The fact is that gays bash heterosexuals or straights as much as straights bash gays.  Both lifestyles have their share of abuses.  Neither is free from sin! of any kind.

Myself, I do not understand the marriage nonsense as I think it just that.  One should have legal protection no matter how you live, whether single, married, gay, or straight, childless or house full of children.  We are the society who makes the laws.  I think it is time that society grows up and acts like responsible adults about life on the planet.  Whether gay or straight is not the issue.  Whether you are forcing it or abusing it is the issue!  Let it be...

1 comment: