Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, August 3, 2012

Farewell My Queen (spoiler)

I had read all about this film so I was prepared to know that they intended to show that Queen Marie Antoinette had had a lesbian affair with her favorite Gabriel de Polignac.  But I had no idea that it was so brutally frank and indiscreet in its presentation. I have seen all the pamphlets that show her in any number of forms of disgrace not only with women but with men, including the Marquise de la Fayette.  That in itself is the most preposterous unlikely coupling of all as neither could stand one another.

Let me say that I went to see this to see if this was another hatchet job against me. I had every reason to believe that it could be since I had been tagged as the Queen when I was teaching in California.  I have been called all kinds of names as well, including that of lesbian, but as with all lies, all the things that were said about me were outright lies as well, including that of lesbianism.  I have not yet met a woman I like to be honest to enjoy romance or sexual intimacies with.  Women are just not my cup of tea.  But let's not kid around, any person in authority figure position is hated for one reason or another, and suffers any number slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune.

I have belonged to a discsussion group on which the topic is Antoinette. I have only known a little about her history, but let it be known to one and all that no matter your lot in life, there will always be those who hate and scorn you due to envy, malice, and sometimes fear.  Teachers suffer all those negative responses from teenagers when teachers enforce the school rules. 

So sure enough, as I suspected this current movie is very. much about me and I could and did see through it, but the final stamp at which I knew it was me was the scene in which Antoinette throws papers into the fireplace.  That really cooked my goose then and there as I had done that in my home in Davison, Michigan years ago which made me remember the Olympic games that were played then, when Princess Diana was still alive and well.  I had done some similar act as is portrayed in this scene which actually also got replayed on the soap opera Dynasty then, making me recall Crystal and her battle with Alexis.  Then I remembered a series of photos of self which vaguely make one think of both Antoinette and Marilyn Monroe.  I had sent one of these to Henry, a French lover from Rochester, New York.  It made me think of Henry and made me a bit suspicious then.

The reader in the film was obvious from the beginning and one scene in the movie made me recall the most recent EVALMO writers conference at which a woman did read aloud all the material on the screen.  I thought hmmmm...that must have been a  set up.  As the movie progresses, we finally see the writer's intent to make us know that Marie Antoinette has a love affair with Gabriel de Polignac and that she is likewise also interested in the young reader, a young girl having a quickie affair with a gondola driver.  He turns out to be an actor but as all actors, knows how to lie well.  That is after all the job of the film industry, to lie and cheat and to do it so everyone loves being lied to and cheated

The actor who portrays the King is quite interestingly enough a great choice for that role of the beleagurered and much misunderstood King.  He is quite attractive and not quite so dull as history often has depicted him.

Now I am well aware that there at least four women who believe themselves or want to believe temselves as having been the great Queen, Antoinette.  Whether they would like this movie or not is a matter of their being honest about themselves.  I did see that Gabrielle is supposed to have something in common with a childhood friend of mine which I recognized immediately in the nude scene so that I laughed aloud at that.  It is humorous in a way since the situation has so recently raised its head with my accepting money from that same friend to go to Colorado to see my dad.

So like in Three's Company which was clearly a takeoff on that same friend, myself, and her ex husband, I could see that this is the same thing in reverse. In Three's Company, they use my name, and in this movie, they use my friend's name.

.By the time the movie ends, it is clear that the actors and actresses all understand who is who when each is playing one another to save a friend, the beloved Gabriel.  She and her spouse are able to leave at the "orders" of the queen and therefore do save themselves.  But the reader is induced to be the bait when she has to switch roles with the Duchess to play her and thus save her from detection. She does it admirably.

They made much ado about a green dress when it dawned on me that it reminded me of a green dress that one of my students had made for my English Lit class that I had taught in Azusa.  They did miss out by not bringing in the harp that a student did also bring into my room to play.  That is an instrument that the Queen loved to play as well.  I missed that when she was discussing some items to be carried away.

So I saw that this movie is using me and my life to depict Antoinette which is o.k. but not o.k.  I am not interested in women at all for sexual or romantic reasons.  I have always been boy crazy as anything and to try to poison people's minds with such drivel is total nonsense. Fortunately, I had put some old photos of mine from the days when some people coined me as the Queen because of the Norma Shearer movie, I can prove that the role playing game at the end is fitting and that all the actors and actresses know full well what they are doing.

I always had a gap in my tooth.  It is now gone because my teeth are gone and I wear false teeth.

This movie is not about flattery.  I have done foolish things myself in my life. I have had friends who have been equally foolish and silly in our behaviour but none of us has ever reached in this lifetime the heights of a Marie Antoinette.

While I tolerate homosexuality in both men and women and accept it as a form of sexual abberation, I do not either approve or disapprove it one way or the other.  I find it to be a fact of life as is mental retardation or genius, etc.  There are all kinds.  But I do not like false accusations or charges. I doubt that many will see me in this film at all but a  rare few might.  I am wondering about all this obsession with me at this point in time.

I do have my own recollections of when I had lived in the past.  Those are already mentioned on this blog.  I am adjusting to the fact that my life will come to an end soon and there will be another life in another piece of flesh for me to occupy.  Male or female, I hope that it is an improvement over each and every one.  So if people want to be obsessed with me, I wish it would be for myself, not some other person in time and space.

I am a contradiction many times. I like the really high quality lifestyle also but I also like the simple life of freedom with no entanglements and no responsibilities.  It is best to be free to do what one can do with enough money to make it at best enjoyable and carefree.  Too many burdens make life unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment