Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Del Mar Millions and Lottery Millions

Today was a gambler's dream come true or nightmare, depending upon how you look at it.  One thing that gambling does prove to people more than anything else is a person's real penchant for greed!

I knew very well that the large carryover would draw millions to it but I had not anticipated that it would grow to nearly three million dollars from a quarter of a million. If that doesn't teach you something about money and its power, I don't believe anything will.  The pick 6 also grew to nearly two million dollars and both did pay off, but I had suspected that this was a day when the track was going to have heavy favorites pay...I was pretty close to right. 

But tonight's power ball rose to 320 million dollars and so far, I have not yet learned if a winner has been found in it or not. I will check in a few minutes to learn.  It appears that someone has won tonight's powerball if I am reading my information correctly but I have not yet seen it announced.

At any rate, I decided to try to win the pick 5 but after checking it through and listening to the various picks I decided that I would sit it out because it would not pay me enough to buy into it.  I could not afford to waste the money on it so I went to an otb but got cold feet so bad that I did not bet at all until the very last race and then did not win that when I did bet on it...but I stayed very low.  I bought a lunch to sit at the table and watch and listen to others bet, win, and lose.  It was quite a scene and then someone reminded me of Arlington Millions which is this Saturday. I am now studying that opportunity, hoping to find a way to make some megabucks instead of peanuts!

Fortunately, the racing secretary is not making it impossible for people to make money on a horse, so that the bettors themselves will determine the various pot sizes.

I needed the action today to get my mind off my recent encounter with my decision to put my cat to sleep. It has been hurting me all week long as I do miss him so much.  Nobody can ever understand how one can get so attached to a pet, but believe me, pets do things to us that people themselves cannot do.

I simply adored him.  There will never be another like him.  I am just so saddened that I had not seen and realized that he needed help. I feel so bad about it now.

So going to the horses did me good when I saw a few really highly energetic and healthy appearing horses. I always hate it when I see horses that look down in the mouth, or so anxious and wrapped up in the race that it shows on them.  Some are frankly downright at times very sad to watch.  I wonder if they do use medicine and drugs too much on many of these horses.

But I enjoyed the afternoon and it did do me good to have a change of pace to quit worrying and thinking about my cat.  But it is impossible not to think about him when they are all you have and are underfoot all the time. I know that to some extent my other cat misses him and probably wonders why he cannot find him.  It has probably caused him some distress as well.

I keep toying and playing with him to keep him company and he in turn keeps meowing away as always keeping me constantly wondering what in the world is wrong now?

I had hoped that someone had not won the powerball since it had three sixes in it.  6, 27, 46, 51, 56 and 21 was the powerball. Three sixes and two one's is a difficult combination but I am certain that someone did win somewhere.  Soon we will know.

There is a pick 9 at Arlington Park for tencents. I may try it this Saturday since most every race is a stakes race. Stakes races are often as hard to get and worse than some allowance, claiming, and maiden races.  I figured out a system of betting on a pick 9 that would cost $64.80.  There is a carryover of $36, plus for tomorrow's Arlington Park pick 9.  I wonder if it will get caught or if it will grow.  I can't play until Saturday because on Saturday the pick 9 begins with the 4th race which is a time when I could get the bet into play if I go to Turf Paradise to do it.

I would have to juggle European horses with American horses to win such a thing, since I was informed that the Europeans are very strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment