Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Heat Wave

Arizona is suffering extreme heat again this week which is supposed to last til Sunday so I won't budge from the apartment until late in the afternoon to attempt to escape the worst of the heat.  It was a slight bit better when I went to Fashion Square to pay my Verizon bill. I checked out the Samsung Galaxy III and mentioned the IPhone 5 that is rumored to be coming out soon. I had read about it on a Verizon website last evening. It sounds super fantastic to me.  I wish I knew what to do now.


Windows 8 is supposed to be coming out in the fall also so I won't even think about buying a computer until I learn what is what in the world of Windows 8 and Apple's latest Mac device.  I think that probably the I pad might be all right but the truth is that I suspect that Apple is far more expensive than any windows computer is.  So it is iffy at best right now.


Sunflower has now changed to become Sprouts and because I wanted a Big Gulp at Circle K I missed the trolley so went to Sunflower now Sprouts to buy some blueberries for 2 for $3.00, a really good price, and some lettuce for salads.

I tried Whole Foods the other day for organic foods and will probably never do that again. I am not that much a health nut to think that organic foods are truly better for me than some other vegetable or fruit or chicken even.  Maybe so, but I am convinced that our bodies adapt and that we all become immune to some extent of all the chemicals used to preserve food.

I defy anyone to tell me that if we listen to every warning there is that we will simply become crazy for it all.  Every time we turn around there is some new fear propagated by the media that I just turn it off and refuse to listen any longer.  If we listened to everything, we would literally shut down and eat nothing at all.

I don't think eating at Subway is healthier than eating at some other fast food store but a little bit of advertising convinces people that it does. 
 
 I look fairly decent for a woman my age, and I realize how old I am getting, especially when I keep pulling the same stunts repeatedly at grocery stores. I always start to walk off, leaving my bags on the counter top so that the girl tonight had to bring my bag to me...God bless her.  I forget that they are not in the cart if they don't put them there.

Oh well, that is due to old age, and too much distraction.  Just having to cope in old age!

No comments:

Post a Comment