Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Raining Tonight

The Monsoon season has come, and we are getting a good amount of rain tonight along with some nice sounding thunder, and a few dashes of lightning.  I had to quickly cover my patio chairs, and bring in the green plants because I don't want them to get too waterlogged.  Cacti only need a little water, not an overdose, and this looks to be a heavy downpour.  But it feels good to hear it rain, and to watch the temperature drop.  For some reason, rain has a very consoling effect on one, and even on the pets.

I stayed in all day today because I am having some kind of allergic reaction to something that has made me all puffed up. I have no idea what the heck it could be but my face was so puffy that I could tell that something has stung me.  I have been cleaning up the carpet as much as possible because I also cut my hair tonight. It needed a good trimming, and I am trying to see how much brown I have left in my hair.  Quite a bit in the back to be honest. I was rather surprised as so much of it is turning very gray now, and I am no longer coloring it until I decide whether to let it all grow out, or to colortreat it.

I have been having psychic pains in my legs and hips during the night. I wrote a letter to Joan explaining all this, hoping that by talking about it that it might go away. For two or three nights, that seemed to work until this morning. I could not get up this morning as my cat likes to try to get me up but I kept telling him no, I cannot get up until I have had my full sleep. I slept late but I did wake up with the pain again, and it is severe pain.  But as I went back to sleep, it did disappear. I do notice it on rare occasion during the day but very seldom so I think it could be my own pain but I am inclined to think that it is a psychic pain.  I have often had what I call psychic pains, or sympathy pains.  They are real enough but the truth is that they are more connected with something other than your own body part. That is one of the problems of having mediumistic tendencies when one can pick up on someone's problems that are not really your own...the problem is to distinguish between that which is yours and that which is not yours.

I was so tired and ill from this allergic reaction that I did sleep on the floor for awhile, and had to force myself to get up. I then cut my hair which did help  me to get so called "well".  I did rebound to come back to what I think is my normal state of being, but for awhile I was pretty concerned that I was in a bad case of "unwell".  So I did not bother to go outdoors except to get the mail, and that was too hot even for me.  I decided to just rest and relax, and get well.

I went to the library yesterday to print my first page of my new novel on ATG. I actually liked the first page, and I like the rest of it too. It is very interesting and I intend to get on with it tonight maybe.  I must get printed all that I have written so far so tomorrow I am going to go to fedex where you can use their computers or yours there to see if I can get it printed there.  It is too expensive at the library at 25 cents a page.

Having it printed gives one a better sense of continuity and direction, so I must do it so I can get on with this book. It is actually fun for me so far.  If I am not interested in it, who will ever be?

No comments:

Post a Comment