Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, August 17, 2012

One week ago today

I am not yet fully recovered from the death of my precious cat Alexander, but  I am slowly weaning away from seeing him in my mind every time I do something that makes me recall his behaviour. It will take a long time for me not to see him, and I have posted a photo of him on my facebook page to always have him in my mind as well.  Why? Because I loved him dearly, and I believe I owe it to myself to keep his memory alive as long as possible.  I love Marcello as well, but not the same as Alexander,  Marcello is the more loving of the two as he loves to kiss and lick with his tongue, and he chooses to sleep in my bed at night.  Alexander was often jealous of Marcello's aggressiveness but Alexander loved to sleep in the sink or on the ironing board because he is a very large cat.

I am going to the horse races tomorrow and hope finally to win enough money to see me through a good long time. I am willing to take a risk on a dollar superfecta in some race that may get me going into the world of finally big time gambling.  I intend to use the Breeder's Cup to enrich my life in that respect so I am slowly building up for that. I have always played small time for many reasons...most is that is what I can afford as losing is a large part of this game, and I refuse to lose large sums when I cannot afford that.

I am also right now roasting an eye of round which is a very difficult piece of meat to make tender but I have found a recipe that I have decided to use, making a few changes for my tastes and reasons.  I will see if this system of once the time of roasting is up to let it stand in the oven without opening the door for two and half hours works. I am roasting it a bit longer so that the center is not raw also.

I read some tips that I am using but none of the spice tips was I able to implement. I will try those at another time. I loved my  previous roast so much that I decided to give this one a try through Walmart's this time round.

Writing all this out helps me. I intended my blog to be my sounding board place so that is why and how I use it...I need to air it out just to purge myself of my anxieities.

No comments:

Post a Comment