Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Working on Novel

Wow! I just blocked out the second book to the novel on Alexander. I do not know until I get all the drafts completed how long this will be but most likely it will become a series of books.  It is actually more and more fascinating as I study it and try to develop a story about it.
In addition to the factual blocks which I just wrote out on my blogspot, I am writing storylines on word pad which are in tune with the factual information.  It takes on many different styles and presentations. 

But the facts have to be outlined so that each one can produce a different story that can be developed from it.  This is a most exciting time in Alexander's development as a ruler/leader because he is still idealistic, young, eager, enthusiastic, and naive in his approach to the tasks set before him.  He has to learn that he has had many enemies, so that he grows in his comprehension of the forces that are all around him.

One thing that is missing from such a discussion is the attitude of the soldiers in his military.  Those stories must be developed as we proceed but for now we at least have the movement from one place to another, and the emerging character of Alexander unfolding before our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment