Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Del Mar has double carryover

A $238, + carryover in the pick 5 at a cost of 50 cents per bet has attracted the attention of the horse racing world.  Not only the pick 5 is a carryover but the pick 6 which costs $2.00 to play has a quarter of a million dollar carryover also.  This means that with all the action on these two races that they will more than double in size so it behooves one to consider playing one or both of them.  There is also a pick four in the last four races at 50 cents a ticket so that if one is not satisfied with one's efforts in either the 5, or the 6 one can go for the 4.  All the way through is a pick 3 and a  running double so it will be an interesting day to see how this pans out. On top of that, Power Ball is at an all time high with over 300 million dollars up for grabs.  What a day for gamblers who have the money to play the games.

So I listened to Dan Illmana and Mike Beers analyze the pick 5 and pick 6 tonight.  I am also reading everything that Brad Free and other local handicappers have to say. Sometimes they know more than others about the condition of a horse, especially since several horses have not raced in over a year and in one case two years.  What the heck!  Can that horse really win?

I looked at all the first time lasix medicated horses also and the Japanese jockey Fukunaga is riding one of those horses, so that makes that pretty interesting as well.

I will  either go to Mary's or Upper Deck. I went to Upper Deck today to get the racing form.  I found a new patio dress at The Rack so  I bought two dresses and a blouse at $5.00 apiece.   This is a summer sale and that patio dress is a gorgeous specially embroidered and beaded dress made in India which would sell ordinarily for well over $100 and I just loved it. It is  a tad bit too big but it is all right for me to wear around here. I love those kind of dresses.  I bought a Jones tee top that has sequins all over it, and an R&K original short dress which fits but makes me know to lose 20 pounds asap.

So hopefully, I will win the $16 back tomorrow to pay for the dresses which is all that they cost at five bucks a throw and I hope to hit one of the group bets, but don't know yet how I intend to play this out...The dress from India has an elephant on it so I hope it brings me luck...it has a bird, a butterly, an elephant and some other image that I have forgotten. Truly gorgeous dress that is worth a pretty penny!  Lucky me! I found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment