Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Heat Spell

The temps are so high here that it is unbearable. I can hardly stand to walk from my apartment to the laundry room when it is this hot. I have not yet checked my mail, but I did finally get the nerve to go to Walmart's this afternoon to get some few things for my cat and myself.  I needed catfood, as we go through it so fast, and these picky kitties eat only certain kinds of food anymore, having become spoiled so much.  And I needed paper towels and bread.  So I bought two loaves of bread to last a couple weeks.  I got on the trolley when the man told me that it was overheating so he had to stop to let it cool down which is why he was late. I thought that he was early rather than late but did not argue with him about it.  I just wanted to be where it is cool.

It has taken me four hours to recover from that darn heat and I am not fully recovered yet. It saps all the strength from me, so that I do not want to do the laundry at all yet and still have not ventured out to see if I have any mail or not.

I thought about going to the clubhouse to use the wifi and watch the Olympic games but the heck with it. I  want the comfort of relaxation inside my own room so that I can get into the fridge if need be.

I began writing my next draft on the second part of Alexander's life in my novel. It may end up a series of books.  But I have begun where he finally has the authority to exercise his will in the coming days in gaining the approval of all of Greece so that he can invade Persia after he consolidates and conquers each and every surrounding nation neighbor to Greece.

I am off and running as they say.   I hope I can find a way to get this material printed as I write it.  I have to figure that problem out next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment