Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Aging Rapidly

I can no longer peel potatoes.  Whenever i hold a knife, my fingers curl around it and won't come back up.  They are stuck to the knife so that I have to pull them off the knife. I have decided I will not try to peel potatoes any more.  It had happened before but this last time that it happened I realized I must stop.

I exercise my fingers, and I do not have a problem with them other than in having a grip. I drop too many things because I cannot maintain a grip and it annoys the devil right tout of me.  I can't help but let it get to me. It never fails.  Any time that anything falls I have a small fit about it. It is my one most annoying pet peeve.

My middle finger sometimes feels a sharp pain which is really mean.  Otherwise, my kind of arthritis appears to be limited to peeling potatoes, holding onto things, and a sharp pain in the middle finger.  But I have it.

My next problem is that my hair is getting thinner and thinner so that I am really losing hair so much that I would be bald if I were a man.  The hormones in women after menopause give us many male attributes, believe it or not.   I have tiny small chin hairs that i have to  pluck regularly.  They are small but they do grow back pretty quickly.  I would have a beard if I were a man but it would probably not amount to much if this is any indication.  These chin hairs are all white also.

I no longer have leg hair.  I do not and have not shaved them for years.

All these signs of old age really are getting to me.  I have to my cataracts removed, a wisdom tooth removed, and it just goes on and on. No relief when you are aging.  It is relentless one body part after another going downhill fast.

My memory is really good for my age, but I do forget small things all the time.  I know it seems like lack of concentration.  I had a problem today when I could not find my scissors.  I was so angry at myself I finally threw the box down until I found them.  I had a blind spot. They were right where I should have seen them but I overlooked them...it woke me up to try to concentrate on where I put stuff. I always put things away and then forget where I put them...Annoys me no end.

So hopefully, writing it out will cure me!  I will get over this problem now.


No comments:

Post a Comment