Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Potluck for Holiday Celebration

We are having a potluck patriotic party this coming Saturday at the apartment and I had planned to take a dessert from a recipe I found on the internet.  But I decided to do a dry run of it first by seeing if it is feasible and a good idea.

It is a jello cream cheese and pretzel combination.  It has turned out good but unlikely to be anything I would want to serve at a potluck after all.  After I let it set overnight, it did turn out to be good but because of having to let it set out for a long time I have decided not to take it.  The whipped cream can decide to break apart if out too long, as can the jello turn warm and runny.  So I think  not.

But so long as it is refrigerated and kept cool, it is delicious if you like frozen strawberries thawed, and a cream cheese/whipped cream concoction.  It is called strawberry/pretzel dessert or salad and can be found everywhere on the internet. I will not use cool whip which would set up properly  but I hate the cool whip for dessert since it is artificial and frankly,  not good for anyone to eat.

So I used real whipping cream which naturally gives a much better flavor to the cream cheese mixture.  But real whipping cream has to be refrigerated and even then, often loses its aeration by turning to cream.

So I will not be taking it after all.  The pretzels do add the saltiness and I used a graham crust with crushed pretzels sprinkled on top the crust.  It worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment