Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Another hot day in Mesa

Actually, the weather is cooler than usual, and I am very comfortable in my apartment.  Probably too comfortable because I do not like to get out in the heat any more than I have to do it.

I had been planning to go to the OTB to see how CosmicOne will do in his next outing.  He is in NY this time trying once again to prove that he can do as well as his mother, the famous Zenyatta.

Did Nancy Sinatra or Frank Sinatra, jr. ever live up to their dad?   Only Liza Minelli seems to have been a successful daughter of famous star.  People believe in bloodlines so much!  I wish they would just relax a bit and not make such an issue of it.

His race is to go off in about 15 minutes, and clearly, I will not make it there.  I will read about it on the twitter or Facebook pages I am sure. I wish him well, and hope that he does do well.

Another horse that is getting a lot of attention now is California Chrome.  He looks absolutely sick and starving to death. His coat is shiny but his rib cage is showing and his rear end is absolutely devastatingly horrid. It was a very serious mistake to send him to Dubai and to England it would appear. He did not fare well. I would not bet that he will do well at the Arlington Millions.  It is pitiful to see how badly he looks.

But Victor Espinoza sent out a Facebook post that said he will be riding him at Arlington Park. I hope that California Chrome responds well to his new surroundings before this race takes place in August. That is an awfully short time for a horse to prepare for such an important race.

I cannot help but agree now with all those who criticize the owners for their greed.  One of those dumb ass partners really screwed up in decision making about this horse.  It shows too much!


No comments:

Post a Comment