Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Murder in Babylon by Graham Phillips

I just took a trip to the Half Priced Book Store which is nearby.  My first time in there where I spent a lot of time reading cook books.  Then I finally wandered to the world history section and found a book on the death of Alexander by Graham Phillips.

I will disclose his conclusion about who murdered Alexander since it coincides with my most recent post about my vision of Roxanne who makes me think of my third grade love interest, Jimmy.  Surprise that I would just write that to walk into a book store where there is a book accusing Roxanne of being the murderess who had killed Alexander.

My point in writing the article on reincarnation and the possibilty that there is a link between Roxanne and Jimmy is that it would not matter if she had killed Alexander for whatever reason she would have had,  that it was the Love which came over me when I went up to him at the reunion that convinced me that probably he had been Roxanne after all and that love endures today, but because it is eternal love, it does not evaporate over time but is that which is Heaven Love, not knowing jealousy, etc.etc.etc.

I thought last night it would be funny if Barsine had been Jay, my first boyfriend in first grade, but I am only saying that just due to the age and the timeliness of the two in both Alexander's life, and then later in my life.  There is no way that I will say that either are or had been either one, but I do find that the Love which really overwhelmed me when going up to Jimmy was the most astonishing reason I could believe that he had been Roxanne.

My point is that while one can love someone very intensely in a lifetime, that lifetimes later, there may be a connection that is of a different substance but still does connect one to one another.

It does not mean that you will necessarily be tied to one another again, because I did get over him pretty fast in third grade to go on to have other more important and bigger crushes.

My feeling is that historians and others who keep Alexander only in his piece of flesh at the time of his achieving history in Macedonia and the Persian world is that they forget that at his death his soul is free to go into the spiritual realm where in truth nobody can say where any soul dwells.

He probably believed that he would go to the Elyssian Fields where all good soldiers go, or even to Mt. Olympus where all good gods dwell.

I was reminded when re-reading this book about the times when I lived on Palacio where I would have the most excruciating pains in my abdominal area. I mean truly excruciating pains. Once I learned that these pains were the psychic pains of the cause of death for Alexander, they went away.  But for some time, I had suffered his pain so much that i was doubled over, and could barely stand the hurt of it.  Again, once I realized that this is the pain that Alexander felt at his drinking party, it left me.  I am ever so grateful for that.

While researching information for the book that I intend to write about Alexander, I did learn that Craterus is the best general that Alexander had had in his army.  There is no doubt that when one studies  each of his friends, that Craterus is his most deserving general.  I am always wondering about the emphasis placed upon Hephaestion, and while I know that Alexander detested feminine looking men, Hephaestion is a very handsome man.  His face is one of those nearly perfect looking appearances that probably made many others jealous of his appearance.  He probably had many women to satisfy his needs, since most women love handsome men.

While rereading this book that Graham wrote, I recalled some incidents that are true historically, as I did relive them personally but with more details than the historians will ever know.  So in a short time this afternoon, I relived some of those moments once again.

Mumbling to myself as I drove home about all of this, I reminded myself how much I had hated Alexander by the time i had finished the first book I ever read about him.  He does become a man who is so misunderstood that historians do create a picture of him that creates a deep antipathy towards him.  Had I not gone back in time to relive his life, I would probably not have changed my mind and attitude about him.  I came to like him a lot, and I am a defender now.

Do I think that Alexander was murdered? In my quest to learn the truth, I believe that he suffered an illness from the Euphrates River, that he was not poisoned at all, but because he did not have the medicine that saved him earlier when in a similar situation, this time he expired from this malady that afflicted him.

He had not listened to Parmenio's advice when it happened the first time in which he showed his trust in the doctor who administered the medicine.  I am even yet still suspicious of Parmenio in that respect, as I believe Alexander had wondered too.  He did survive despite Parmenio's warning.

Because of that, it was not a difficult task when he finally concluded that Philotas and Parmenio together had planned some kind of plot against him.  I believe that Alexander was wary of both Parmenio and Philotas from his childhood.

However, that is in a chapter I wrote...I would have to look it up now as I decided to stop until I could pull it all together.  So I am convinced that the two families had two different goals and interests regarding Alexander's journey into Persia, Egypt, and India.

Closing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment