Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Dessert for Potluck

I made this strawberry cream cheese pretzel salad to test to see if I would want to make it for the Potluck that we are having at the apartment this weekend.  It is a pretty simple recipe and I wanted to try it before using it in a crowd of people.

I actually liked it tonight. It took me a while to think it was pretty good, but this last piece I had was so good that i could not believe it. I think that the longer it sets, the better it gets.  It is so creamy that it is almost a cheese cake but only close to it.  I had always loved the cream cheese mixture but because I could not wait for it to set up I had cut into it so that the jello did run a bit in the first cut.  I was not very crazy about it then, but I let it set overnight and it turned out to be super good after all. You never know for sure until you try.  It is really good after all, a lot better than I had thought. I can see that fresh strawberries might be better than frozen just because of the consistency of the berry but these were in fact very good.

So while I do not think that I will make it again, just simply because I would have to make it a  full day ahead.  Because I had fears of it falling apart while sitting on a table waiting for people to eat it,  I doubt that I will make it again.

I can make something similar but not exactly this dessert.  End of trial run.




No comments:

Post a Comment