Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Planning Ahead

I have been studying travel tours for seniors to find the right trip for me to take as soon as is feasible. I am wanting to go this fall if I can to Europe once more.   My passport will expire soon and I must make at least one more trip before it does, and hopefully, two if I can arrange it.

So I have found several for this fall.  There are some fall specials which appeal to me.  I am weighing the idea of a return to France this fall seriously, but the problem is that while I am there I would like to visit a few other places as well.  So it is taking me some time to find the right trip at the right price.

Just thinking aloud for now...Will save this to return as I just got in from a highly productive purchase this morning. I finally made it to the Lutheran Thrift Store. I have been looking for a nice lamp and was very fortunate to find one there that I did buy.  This is a lovely Thrift store, probably the best I have seen so far, and so I will donate some of my items there now.  I am sure that many will find a good home since it is such a great store.

I even found a hutch that I would like to have.  Now to find a way to get it home.  A delivery truck will cost a lot I am afraid.

I am starting to feel a whole lot better than I have been feeling about this move.  I am like a tree that has been uprooted to another spot and it is a bit tough to start feeling comfortable again.  We do not realize how environment really affects us until we move from one place to another.  It makes a lot of difference.

My part of snooty Scottsdale was never really snooty, but Scottsdale does overprice itself, and oversell itself as well.  It is a magnet for a certain kind of financially well set.  Those of us who were in a different income bracket lived a totally different lifestyle than those multimillionaire rich guys.

In women, it always shows in hairstyles and fashions!  Cars do impact a bit too.

Well, digressing back to my plans to travel. It is the only real optimism I have at the moment to think that there is something to look forward to.  Life is full of routine, but one always needs an escape plan to brighten up the monotony of regular routine. Time goes so fast, and all it is seems to be the same old song day after day.  We allow ourselves to get hooked onto habits that are often not really good for us.

I have had a good chance at self examination here in this last two months, seeing how I cannot let go of simple little things when I really must do it.

I am actually worried about myself at my apathy in sorting and tossing out things that I do not need.  Going to the Lutheran Thrift store did help a bit because I have a lot of things that I can and will donate there now.  I have kept my old wallets and bags, plus hats and scarves.  Some are going to be tossed into the trash but the good ones can be donated.  I have shoes galore.

It is just difficult for me to say good bye at times...dang it.


No comments:

Post a Comment