Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Clancy, My Yorkshire Terrier Part 2

I had to find a video about yorkies naturally, and heaven, there are lots of them so I chose Animal Planet's professional look even though some of the others are cute and fun. I loved my dog but he taught me a lesson. I tried from the beginning to trian him but instead he trained me. I had had a bed for him right next to my bed but he did not want that. He wanted to sleep with me, and at first, I admit I was ridiculous, thinking I had to be train him to sleep in his bed. He won. I relented, and he slept with me ever after, always knowing how to sleep right against the part of my back that needed help and attention the most, and then he would move to another spot in the bed to sleep. He just had his way, and later I realized what a jerk I had been to try to do anything but let him have his way. He would always pull me when we were walking as well. He was a strong little guy for his size. I always wonder where dogs get their strength. He traveled with me everywhere, and I even one time let him fly with me from Michigan to California and back...we went to the Rose Parade together, when the University of Michigan played some team..can't remember now, but I would never do that again...I felt so bad that I had let him go into the carrier department. Shame on me, but he survived and was so happy to be reunited with me. I am so sorry about it even yet today, as I think what kind of nincompoop was I to do that? Now on some airlines he could travel in the plane with me now so long as he was under the seat.

When I went to Hawaii I would not move there due to their tough quarantine law. I liked Hawaii a lot but I loved my dog more. It is amazing what animals will do to you and for you. But since he is gone, I have not yet gotten another, and maybe have been wrong not to do so, but they do take a lot of care, require much attention, and I don't want to treat them cruelly. I do not think that apartments are a place for small animals and I also do not think it smart and wise to travel with them.

Worse than that, I hate leaving them behind to be boarded, so until I can work it out to suit myself right, I will wait to have another pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment