Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Watchmen

I just placed the song Hallelujah on this blogspot because I just saw the movie, and listened to the end of the credits to the entire soundtrack. This is a great and powerful song, and another is at the very tail end which probably gets overlooked.

I love the film for many reasons. It follows the comicbook edition of this story nearly perfectly, and features so many truly electrifying scenes that it is a fun film to see, knowing that it is all fantasy.

But it has many hidden truths, and some of these are so genius and brilliant as to be completely neglected in the telling of the story. The symbols of the rohrschach test absolutely intrigued me from start to finish as they are constantly changing. When we learn that Rohrschach is really Walter Kovacs it made me think of Ernie Kovacs who resembles the Comedian so much. The interview with the psychologist is choice to me to see the real thoughts that are in the mind of Walter, which are denied when he simply casts them aside to give the psychologist what the psychologist wants to hear. I really liked that effect that the film maker is able to create knowing that Walter will beat the psychologist at his own game.

In the end, it is the right film to see alongside Inception. I could hardly believe it when I realized the similarities in the two films...

I love the genius of understanding the difference between the two planets, Mars and Earth, with Dr. Manhattan having to admit he prefers Mars at times with its lack of even amoeba life to that of earth with its teeming, dark life that seems to be out of control.

References to Karnak and Alexander the Great were made public at the discussion group Karnaketernal years ago, but which have like My Dear Diary vanished from the world of internet.

I have not forgotten them or any of the members there though.

This movie refreshed my memory about the influence of Alexander the Great to the world, and it is sad to know that people have had the wrong attitude about Alexander all these many years. Fortunately, the stories about him are those that his own followers told, and so that those are the ones which have survived over time.

Speaking of that, I wish to comment now on one that has always intrigued me. It is absolutely unbelievable at the attitude that so called fans of Alexander have about stories that are told about him. One story is horrific and I will recount it here. He was very angry at a man who he had left in charge of a city while he was crossing the desert...when he returned this man had not done as he was supposed to have done in feeding the troops and the horses. He was more than derelict in his duty. He was insulting, having said that he had sent money for the troops. Horses cannot eat money...Alexander had wanted supplies to be sent. The man's indifference and attitude caused Alexander to throw coins at his feet with a caustic remark try to eat that if you will, and thus, it is said by the author whose story I read, said that Alexander then threw the man to the mercy of the horses as he sent him down to the ground under the hooves of the horses crashing down on him.

I have actually witnessed this scene in my memories of times past. I know that this story is a true one. Alexander is a man who nobody should ever doubt. His sense of judgement is more than fair and just. In my vision of this scene, the man is already on the ground when Alexander throws the coins at him. Alexander strides away, leaving the man on the ground. In all honesty, I did not see horses or horses hooves...I saw the coins, the man on the ground, and Alexander stride away with his back to the chastised former leader.

I can always hear Alexander's voice, his caustic and harsh comment, his disgust, his anger, and the vision of the man groveling under his feet. It is a humiliating moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment