Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The News Media

I recently bought a computer smart phone and one application I use and like is the newspaper function. I can read news from not only the USA cities but also Canada, the UK and France. So I can when I choose stay informed about what is going on in several cities throughout the world. I have learned some very interesting information that way.

But tonight I learned something while visiting one of the three major networks that truly surprised me about some kind of attitude that Americans have about the war in Iraq. It was a headline that said that most Americans believe that the war with Iraq is a mistake.

When I read stuff like that I question the likelihood of anyone really ever bothering to respond to such a question as do you think that the war in Iraq is a mistake with a sound answer or a good reason. I question the validity of such a questionnaire and the responses given. I find it utterly preposterous to think that some reporter is going to ask that question to get a truly honest answer.

First of all, what difference does it make? What caused the war to happen in the first place?

Did people think it all right then? Congress obviously had as they approved it very speedily and readily. Did it matter to any political bigwig voting on whether his constituents approved or disapproved? Does it matter at election time? Do the voters suddenly say oh, yeah, this congressman is guilty of voting yes thereby costing me my taxpayer dollars for mounting, maintaining, and supplying this war? Do the voters say I fire you now congressman and will attempt to put someone better in your place.

So why put the headlines on the front pages of CBSNEWS? Will it matter? Does it matter? I hardly think so...Americans keep sending these jerks back to congress despite their voting records...why? Because Americans do not truly care, and the elected officials know it...It is a case of total indifference by joe q public that he bothers to stand in line, cast a vote, but never take the time to determine what that candidate for office will do for him.

Politics and the news media go hand in hand with meaningless and empty posturing..why bother to tell us that now Americans think it a mistake to go to war with Iraq? The only reason is that it is all politics!

No comments:

Post a Comment