Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Musketeer Movie

I always remember that the movie I saw the day before 9/11 happened to the World Trade Center was called The Musketeer in which Catherine Deneuve starred as Anne of Austria, who is married to Louis XIII, famous father of Louis XIV. Cardinal Richelieu is the person who is most often associated with this time period in a manner which prompted young King Louis XIV not to have a prime minister or leading front man to rule for him. King Louis XIV had spent so many hours following Cardinal Mazarin around, learning who is who amongst the parliamentarians, and how to handle state affairs that he chose to do it all himself without the interference of a key advisor such as Cardinal Richelieu had done for his father. So essentially, the state burdens are upon the King's shoulders and nobody else's.



At any rate, the movie is a piece of fiction about a famous leader of the group known as the Musketeers and he became that leader in this film. I had read once upon a time a statement by some author that in truth the real musketeer upon whose name D'Artagnan is known is really some other man...but so far I have not recalled when and where I read it, and how and why all this came about. D'Artagnan was associated with Louis XIII more than Louis XIV and various accounts are given..none are very reliable so far as I am concerned yet.

One thing I have learned about history biographies and stories is not to trust any of them too much...years ago when helping someone edit his paperwork for his master's program I realized how easy it is to make deliberate errors and get by with it as no professor is ever going to check for those kind of inaccuracies...All students learn eventually that not all in the academic world is as factual and honest as it should be...depends upon the university and the faculty/student relationship anyway.

But statistics are something that are always arbitrary...you may as well never hope for anything dealing with numbers, or names to ever be very accurate, and unless you really care enough to search it out yourself, who cares anyway?

But I remember well that several lines in the movie The Musketeer struck me, and I noticed that one of them was no longer there in this particular copy, and that the ending had changed very dramatically...And this is ending is so obvious to me now that I cannot help but laugh and be pleased at how well they changed it.

Again, one line in this version as in the original stood out, and made me know for a fact that this is a very well staged setup to which we have all fallen victim.

Between Beowulf and The Musketeer, I have had enough movies for a few days...but the Musketeer still makes me feel certain that we are all being manipulated and controlled by powers that be that know exactly what they are doing...I am cogitating this one through....maybe I can say this much in answer to the question...Heaven, where else?

No comments:

Post a Comment