Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Humility

There is an interesting study on facebook right now thanks to abovetopsecret which shows the most visited websites by size on a favicon map. That alone illustrates a strange kind of humility to those who think about it...Google is the largest icon which means that it has the most usage of any of these websites, and each website is indicated by its viewership in the size of the icon. Abovetopsecret asked if anyone could find its icon. One viewer did and I finally found it also, realizing some interesting comparisons here.

I have discussed Louis XIV in terms of his ability to use his nation's talents to good advantage in the develpment of a cultural and humanities study. He was blessed with drawing artisans across Europe to France to practice their skills, talents, and trades as he and his ministers nourished and cultivated the practice of great workmanship in domestics, artwork, rugmaking, painting, sculpting, drama, theatre, ballet, music, tapestries, lacemaking, mirrormaking, textures in fabrics and linens, and as many varieties of individual expressions of art and crafts as any in Europe at that time.

His architects alone, Louis le Vau, Le Notre, Hardouin-Mansart, and others were unique in that they came together at a time when the King needed them and could utilize their services. As I said, the foundations, the structure of the chateau in itself is awesome to contemplate.

Louis XIV was himself a bit of an architect, and when one finally learns all that there is to know about the King, one realizes that he dabbled in everything from the actual drawings, designs, and suggestions for the buildings themselves. He also helped the gardeners in the formation of the gardens and loved to take a hoe and shovel himself to dig a patch of dirt here and there. He directed some of the unique develpments himself, and it were always his orders that were followed on the kinds of trees, flowers, shrubs, bushes, and plants to be grown in his equivalent to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

He loved music and so suggested tunes and songs..in fact, I would imagine that he even also told the kitchen staff what kind of dishes to prepare whenever he felt like it. Louis seems to have dabbled in everything that made up his personal kingdom.

So when I learned of all of this as I was able to touch and feel many of the fabrics, and I have seen the kind of candelabra that was used inside the chateaux, as well as the personal furnishings of his bedroom, and other fixtures in both outdoors and indoors settings so that I became very well aware of how similar to King Darius that Louis XIV had become...maybe all that walk in the tent with King Darius's goods remained fixated in Alexander's memory tank for there is little doubt in my mind that King Louis XIV outdid himself comparing himself to Persian, Roman, Egyptian, and other rulers of the past. He was going to put France on the map and did.

So because I had already had a unique experience in California when I had become immersed in a state of Heavenly Love at a special session of the legislature in Sacramento brought about by then Governor Jerry Brown, I had learned what true humility is.

We read that the exalted shall be humbled, and the humbled shall be exalted. What exactly does this mean?

Well, I had been at a gathering in Sacramento for a special session of the legislators for the schools. I had a mental telepathy it seemed with the governor then and as he walked across the room, Jesse Unruh, a fellow democrat at the time, made a comment about his posturing as he walked...He then looked up at me, and at that moment, I looked down at Jerry Brown and went immediately into a state of "in Love" but this "in Love" was totally different from any I had known before. I was in heaven, as Adam and Eve before the Fall. I was younger than springtime, I was ecstatic. I found what is to me the state of Perfect Love in which I finally learned the real meaning of humility.

I went into a state at-one-ment with God that was whole, complete, perfect! I have never known anything before or after like it. It lasted for a period of maybe six or seven months before I finally came out of that vibration. It is a vibrational state. One has to be elevated into it.

I came to an understanding and knowledge of God that is incredible. Like only one of the stars in the universe, each of us is only a tiny teeny weeny dot when put into perspective with all others...we all are equal in the degree to which we are all loved by God as God loves all unconditionally and wholly. We are all a part of this unique Heaven, this perfect Love, and none of us does anything to deserve it, but to be only a part of it.

It taught me everything and changed my life totally. I have never been the same since. I always give Brown the credit that he is due regarding this experience.

I believe in God totally and completely. I believe that to trust in God with thine own heart and lean not to thine understanding is the one true way to be about understanding this entity, the place within one's self, this unique Love which is God.

It is the truest form of Humility there is to know that one is truly loved by the creator who gave us Life and we have only to do one thing, accept it and run with it, live it, and be as much a part of Love that we can be...

No comments:

Post a Comment