Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Facebook Impact

Recently, I became a member of Facebook, and while I am more into the commercial side of it rather than the personal side, I have learned that it can be a good way to keep in touch with relatives who I otherwise have very little communication.

I joined it mostly to share photos as it is quite useful in that respect. I find that I am able to keep up with Paula Deen's recipes, the White House, the Bible, patriotic causes, and other interesting groups such as history groups, Anne Boleyn, and the baldeversailles as well.

Many people play games but I don't even bother with that aspect of it. I have learned that it is very commercial since one can make purchases online in some of the groups. The Anne Boleyn group offers jewelry and other items to purchase.

Thanks to the stop the mosque group I learned more about the Muslim world than I really wanted to know, but unfortunately, I realized that were this information not available to the public to know we would be again fooled and gulled by the poltiics of nations once again. The atrocities that do take place in other parts of the world are so outrageous that decent people have to know and to care to make any kind of worthwhile efforts to prevent these from creeping into our culture and lifestyle.

This is a lovely Sunday morning. Many good souls are attending church services everywhere, and if only the lessons could be internalized, life might truly change within the world at large. I am a non church attending Christian but I am well versed in the Bible, contemplating last evening on the fact that Mary had been only 14 when she delivered Jesus it is said.

So why are people surprised when teenagers engage in sex activities when so young. The hormones are racing, the menstrual period has begun, and why if Mary had been a virgin, did it matter if she had yet had her menstrual cycle begin or not...

Perhaps there is something to consider in that oddity of life. Medieval paintings show that many people believed that she had been impregnated through the ear. There is a famous painting where a light is shown penetrating her ear which is to mean conception of the Christ child.

I wonder than that the child had to be delivered from the womb rather than from her heart...oh well, just teasing...

Most modern day ministers have been known to profess that they truly do not believe in the virginal birth story of Jesus.

I have always thought it interesting to consider that as the Holy Spirit is the father of the child that Jesus is unique in his chromosome factor and his dna. He would have only one bloodline to consider.

On that note, I will close this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment