Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Creativity

So naturally being an English teacher, I have written many short plays, stories, poems, and even two or three attempts at complete novels...it is plainly sometimes very easy, very natural, and often very dang difficult!

I have read many excellent poems and stories by my students, some who are natural and gifted writers...In fact, in America there are so many fully capable and talented young people, middle-aged, and old people that there are literally no shortage of stories.

I personally believe that everyone should keep a journal of their family, but it is usually too time-consuming, and literature, as art and music, is a matter of taste!

I loved a short essay which once compared reading books to eating...some books are easily digested and are nourishing, others should be spat out...and never enter the mind at all.

At Cricket magazine for children, words were going at 25cents a word, which was the top then, in 1983.

In courtroom, the typist and the shorthand reported get paid by page and the longer the trial, the better the paycheck for the shorthand reporter and the typist.

So you see, words are a business! Get smart! Words are never cheap!

Think about song lyrics, and how much money a songwriter makes for such wonderful ditties as 9 to 5, 9 to 5...and think about 9 to 5...my teacher credential number from right to left...what a con!

Believe me that movie zeroed right in on me and I recognized easily those characters...that was a little too easy but interesting at how women can succed in Hollywood without really trying too.

So this gal says to herself, my words, but look who is getting paid.

By the way, the year after Mary Ann Mobley became Miss America she was followed Lynda Lee Mead...also from Mississippi, also from the same sorority chapter...they are both my sorority sisters! Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment