Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Aftermath of Ruidoso Downs

Well, Double Down Special won first place and PoliticalJess came in second. On the Labor Day race, Jacky Martin finished second to a longshot horse that surprised him. Jacky Martin was going for his eighth futurity but got edged out by a nose, but he won the day before on Double Down Special.

I won on place position on both days, but won first position with Tyler Kaplan on Elsa Rose, the young apprentice jockey doing so well at Yavapai Downs, and I won first and third at Emerald Downs in Washington State on a horse named Young Nellie Brown ( how could I lose on that one?) and on Ghost Lady who came in to show. Both did perfect!

I am still staying ahead in the horseracing department but have not played my superfecta game yet. I will go back today or tomorrow most likely to see what I can do next. The lottery game is still out for now. Can't win it yet.

I have a tendency to get sucked in also at these races, and try to keep myself from falling for every scheme in the book. I had a perfect race which I did not bet but had I thought I could have won the trifecta, but again I was getting sucked in by the favorite who did come in to show. I was well aware of the two that did win and place and knew that they were very likely to be up there, but I passed on it. When I finally realized what happened I was so angry at myself I could scream syndrome. Happens all the time, but I had just received a phone call...I should have known.

My number came in...perfect except for the last two which has to be transposed...my four numbers of my phone came up on the board...oh was I ever disgusted at myself!

Oh, that is why we get gray, isn't it? I could scream! Why didn't I think of it! I just answered the phone and lo and behold, the number is up on the board! Wow! Furious at myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment