Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Morning

Believe it or not, today is the birth of the Sun King Louis XIV. His mother had gone barren for 23 years in her unhappy marriage to King Louis XIII, and so finally on this day, her prayers were answered as she gave birth to a baby boy. At last, France would have their blessed king.

Today is also that day for the race in New Mexico which I studied so much last evening. For all the work given to handicapping this race, it will over in a few hours and someone will claim a prize.

I dream a lot at night, and often times I wake up tired, as if I am doing too much in my dreams. Today's dream is very strange as it made me think of when I lived in Durango Colorado. I did go to New Mexico one year when my class was enjoying a reunion spent together in Ohio. I took an Ugly Duckling rental car and drove to Santa Fe to go to a horse race there, and was reminded of one of my students at Gladstone HIgh School, Henry Martinez. He was a great kid.

He had called me "Cool" in class, so there was a horse named I'm Cool in the last race, and I had to bet on him to win. Sure enough, he won. I was so happy.

New Mexico is a different kind of state from California when it comes to horse racing, but horses at Los Alamitos are the same as at Ruidoso Downs so this race comes down to the invader from California versus the New Mexico champion. It will be interesting to see who will finally emerge victorious today as the jockey situatioin is quite unique. Jacky Martin has won 7 futurity titles at New Mexico and is an old time favorite as well..Nicosia is from Los Alamitos and has a young trainer to guide him as well. I have placed the trainer from Los Alamitos and the information about Apolitical Jess on this blogger to test a theory I have. We will learn today the truth of that, won't we?

So I am testing now...Good luck to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment