Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, September 20, 2010

Speed Reading /Left Behind Series

This computer is acting up tonight and I cannot be sure if it is blogger and google doing the acting up or my laptop...At any rate, I have always read fast, and I can read a book in a single night if I choose to do so, and passed many a final that way, believe it or not. So I have been reading the books called Left Behind, and am up to the beginning of book four. Granted, these are very easy reading books, and they are very compelling reading.

(Just for the record, the term west of the Missisippi makes me think of the Marines and Detroit, Michigan, and court reporting...)

At any rate, the story is about the "rapture" which is the taking of the chosen of Jesus up into Heaven with him, and the end of the world called the Tribulation, and a study of the AntiChrist.

These books are quite interesting, especially when one considers what these authors are saying and apparently believing. I am sure that they are sincere, and they make many arguments that naturally anyone would make about such a thing as stated in the book of revelations, often referred to as the apocalypse.

Sadly, these same books had an effect on America in past years with the problem of the Davidians at Waco, Texas, when the federal government finally stepped in to try to save the children of the compound. I notice that recently, in the past two days or so, some missing are being reported with regards to a suicide pact or a "rapture", 13 members of a congregation being reported missing.

I am naturally suspicious.

Again, the imagination of the writers is something to consider as they are making up a fictitious tale, trying to correlate with scripture, especially that of the seals.

Those same seals are something which David Koresh, the preacherman leader of the Davidians, had made much todo about also when he was trying to communicate with the FBI and others to save his compound. He ended up going up in flames.

I often take time out from discussions of historical past leaders, since living today is more important than studying leaders of yesteryear. But someone put up the inauguration of George Washington on facebook which reached me...when he put his hand on the Bible, I got all choked up about it, as I know that it is family album that has the original date of his birth in it, the same day as mine...That always makes me think. I associate that with the book of Luke: Chapter 2:11, In the city of David, a child is born.

Think about it...as I always do...talk about getting messages through...yeah, Christmas cards always do the trick, don't they? Occasionally, there are those who use that verse in their scripture lessons. I always like that...I was born in the house of David as my grandfather's name is David. I was literally born in his house on Shannon Street. Now I will try to get back to the TimesBulletin again to read a story. Is the computer world for or against us? I ask ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment