Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, September 6, 2010

Obama's treated like a dog speech vs. Kennedy's

Tonight at abovetopsecret there is a thread regarding Obama's talking to union members and confessing that his adversaries are treating him like a dog. Because of a dog bust article this week in the New Times magazine, I am wondering if he is feeling a bit like those pit bulls that a criminal element in America continue to operate.

But someone at ATS decided to air the Kennedy speech about secret societies which I found interesting not only because of the content but also because of the numerous photos that accompany this speech.

I have a long history regarding the Kennedy family which I will probably relate at some time or other but for the time being, I will let this suffice by saying that there is an excellent point in the speech about when a man errs so that it becomes a mistake rather than just an error. If left uncorrected, the error becomes a mistake, and Kennedy admonishes and advises his listeners to always let him know when he has made an error so that he can correct it.

I had been a huge fan of Kennedy in the 60's as he was the first president for whom I voted after I reached 21. It was an exciting time for me as I have always loved politics...until he was assassinated, and that problem has perplexed me for years.

I will most likely discuss that mystery in a post after I relax from this labor day's activities.

I had to go see the Ruidoso Downs Futurity race and I ended up leaving happy tonight also when our young jockey being given his first chance at riding made it home with a win in the ninth race. I had to back him...and Prescott Yavapai Downs was very kind to its crowd of bettors. We just gotta love some tracks, and Yavapai Downs is one of those we love.

A tyke by the name of Tyler Kaplan has been on a run, thanks to my friend Tom tipping me about him. I hope Tom had a good day. I could not get to Turf Paradise today but made it to an otb.

I will try again this weekend to see if I can get my superfecta...so far I have stayed with just one horse only...that way I can win..

So it was a good day for me. You know that everyone in the horseracing world knows that it is all in the game...

No comments:

Post a Comment