Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A brandnew Fry's Superstore

Today Janice and I went to Verizon to have her newly purchased cell phone explained to her. Josh, the salesman, was excellent as he took the time to explain many of the features of the phone to her and I listened attentively as many of those apply to my phone as well as to hers. These new cell phones are wonderful but as with all new things require some time to learn and master.

So while there we went over to the opening day of a new Fry's Superstore, the only one of its kind in this nation at this point. It is the first of many probably to open soon elsewhere, but for now, we had a treat as we explored the new store, accepting samples of treats where ever we went, and I bought a carton of eggs and cottage cheese which I needed. On the way, we ran into a wine salesman who told us that he was serving samples so we stopped on our way out to get a sample. He remembered us and forgot us as well, but I waited to be sure to get a sample of his sparkling red wine. It was good and Janice got a sample of a slurpie of some kind. Later, we found a rice tortilla topped with nuttella, the nicest service in the place, and finally in a kitchen school, a pasta salad bar...I also got a sample of mozarella with the red wine.

The store is mammoth, and offers the usual marketplace with furnishings, home items, and a massively huge grocery department featuring specialties of all kinds. It is a truly amazing place but the wine tasting area is unique where one can try a variety of wines at a reasonable price and samples of cheeses as well. It has a huge salad bar, the kitchen school, a tortillery, and naturally, Starbucks and slurpie specialties...Eggs were going at 59 cents a dozen so I grabbed me a carton of eggs, and with it being the first Wednesday in the month, I received my senior discount as well...great day for me that way.

It was so crowded that we parked across the street to walk over, and had to return to Verizon to learn how to receive a phone call when called as it did not work immediately as it should have. Naturally, just as my computer had done for me at Windows, it came on as soon as we entered the store.

I noticed that has happened to me with my phone also, and so it is common to all these phones I have learned. I helped her to play with it after we went swimming later, so that she could learn how to operate her camera as well as to take calls, and to get ringtones for her calls.

She is playing and having fun now, and will be very happy with her new toy I am certain.

I love my cell phone too but it does have its moments of a variety of glitches and errors, but I am learning slowly also how to deal with it...these phones spoil you for anything and everything else. Everyone loves them, and I am sure that everyone will sooner or later own one of their own.

So it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment