Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, September 10, 2010

Finished Left Behind

I finished the first book of Left Behind so that I can discuss it a bit now. The fact that these two authors sat down and discussed this concept in order to write a series of books is very interesting and intriguing to me.

As I believe I am endowed with the power of the holy ghost coming over me at times, I read the first three chapters in the book of Revelations last night as a result of reading the first book. I learned something while reading that chapter as I receive thoughts and inspiration all the time from spiritual sources. Believe it or not, I believe that the first chapter actually is speaking of many reincarnations.

For the time being, I am not going to explain that away yet. But it came to me the meaning of the term "Overcometh" as meaning overcoming death, and a particular passage does say "will not go out again" which is often times interpreted in many ways. However, I am convinced that to overcome sin is to overcome death. The wages of sin is death.

What these two men have done is to take the book of revelations and develop a plot and scenario by which if this event of the "rapture" were to take place today what it would look like. They then follow the plot according to Revelation to make a story in which those who remain faithful will still be saved even though they have been left out of the "rapture" whereby one will be taken but the other will be left.

As anybody knows who has been hearing me out for these past many years, I have been reliving portions of past lifetimes to understand myself and my purpose in my soul's life.

It is very easy to see why after I have listed the lifetimes of the persons involved who have become a part of me in this strange experience is that I must be looney tunes.

Believe me, I know on the surface how odd this seems, but when I am in that person's spiritual recollection, I do not find it anything but real and plausible and very interesting and entertaining as well as educational. Nobody has learned more about a smattering of world history than I have in this adventure of returning to the times of days gone by.

It always puzzles me as to why anyone who knows me would ever think me interested in any of them, because they are not who I would be most likely to consider if I were to think about it. But because I have been led there, I cannot deny it once I learn of it.

My primary interests in life had been history, biology, literature, and reading, and entertainment, movies and t.v., and architecture to be sure. I always loved to draw houseplans when I was a youngster. I never truly aspired to any one calling but more or less drifted into teaching due to my sex and my size, and my natural talent at reading and comprehension. I loved psychology in high school and college and would have gone that route but for the amount of time needed to acquire a degree. I am a normal type person whose only interest in the military when young was the fight songs for each branch of the service. I loved John Philips Sousa, and that was about all I cared to know about the military.

And I loved religion. I loved to discuss the Bible. I was a real zealot at one time and when very young, was considered as a possible child evangelist. I was taken up by the stories of Jesus when young.

So as I aged, I began to notice all the harping about how bad one church is while another is so good, and I began to dislike all the various conflicts between the Protestant and Catholic church.

So this book intrigues me and I am as religious now as then but in a different respect...I do not shout it from the treetops, do not even attend church services, and am a bit like some of the characters in the book, willing to take for granted that God's love for me is enough and that I should behave and act truly Christian instead of simply being an attendance type churchgoer.

So it is making me think a lot too.

I will read it through to the finish. I do believe that there is a lot of truth in it in many ways, and I am willing still to let these two men teach their lessons through this medium til I finish with it. I will continue to read Revelations for myself and see what else I gain from reading them. I do understand that "no longer going out" has meant to some that nobody need be reincarnated again..but has finally overcome sin to warrant being with Jesus at his side.

Enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment