Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

George Washington

If you think that it was easy for me to believe that I at one time could have been George Washington, that most famous of American icons, you must really think that I am crazy. I was so amazed at such a thought as frankly I had not known a thing about him except that he was our first president and a general in the American Revolution, all the regular stuff that we learn in elementary school and eventually in American History.

I had not really taken to him much because I always remembered when an elementary school was being built two blocks from where I lived that had to be named. We had a contest for the name of the school. I was only in elementary school myself, and the two schools that I had attended were Franklin School in fourth ward, named for Benjamin Franklin, and Lincoln School which was still an elementary school when I went there, and so surprisingly enough, there was not a school named for George Washington, but one for Anthony Wayne, and and another for Horace Mann. So George Washington finally got a school named for him, but it was after the citizens voted. I had wanted it to be named for Thomas Jefferson myself, but my neighbor and friend, Sally, wanted it for George Washington. Ironically, the street next door to mine where Sally lived is named George St. And Thomas Jefferson did get his school also which was built near Ben Franklin school in the fourth ward area.

I always remembered that in fifth grade where we had learned a smattering of history that Thomas Jefferson had been one of the people; whereas, George Washington was a frosty and cold and aloof general who stood apart from the people rather than melting in to become one of them. So I have favored Jefferson as he was a red-haired firebrand type of personality according to what we had learned.

Later, being a teacher, I learned why and how George's way is so much better when leading a classroom, but that took me years to learn.

So when I looked into the mirror to see who I had been in the past as had been suggested by some groups who seem to think that we can discover our former lifetimes if we have them, I was shocked to see an image of George Washington show up and it truly confounded me.

I had a few good friends then who I thought I could trust and dumb me, I even opened up my mouth to say what had happened. I was at that time aware that anything that I would say to others would come back at me through the entertainment industry in some form, but little did I know that even that recognition and sharing of it would also wend its way into Hollywood sitcom shows and variety programs...through the Dean Martin Show for sure it did come back to me. On a show of his, Dean actually did mention both my name and George's in the same sentence which amused me.

But it took a lot of studying for me to realize that that mirror trick had really worked, and so finally after putting it to rest since my sojourn into Virginia, uncovering every place I could find in relation to George, I finally went into a state of regression to see George's inauguration. Thanks to George Bush and his inauguration, I finally decided to learn if I could find anything about GW and his.

This is what happened:

I found myself in a room with a lot of other men, and then we walk out onto a balcony, and as with Louis XIV in his levee, I seem to move swiftly from one scene into another, and as one minute I am inside a large room I am suddenly shifted into the balcony scene where I can see myself from both within and without...cannot explain how that is, but I can see the back of my head and my long queue, a way in which the hair is held at the back, and I can see the texture of my jacket or coat, and I can see myself from the rear and just like that I am in myself, seeing everything around me from inside the person of GW...and as I am getting accustomed to this scenario, just that quickly I am whisked out of it, hearing a spirit guide telling me but he cares most about his men, and just like that I am whisked into another scene which is his farewell to his officers at St. Fraunces Tavern, and I am standing there, watching as a man comes up to me, and I reach out to him, and put my arm around him to pull him near me, I recognize him as Genral Knox, and I begin to cry, and I woke up then, sobbing.

I had never felt anything so tender, so sweet, as George Washington's tender concern for his officers and soldiers, and I realized the sweetness of this man...it touched me profoundly, and I recognized who General Knox is in this lifetime as well, and I felt like I had when I was a teenager in Ohio, realizing once again something inside that is smothered and buried through time as we age and change...but I returned to that state of innocence and sweetness which gave me immense pleasure.

George was only 57 at the time of his inauguration and one thing I noticed is how young in appearance he seemed to look to me. We always see pictures and portraits of what appears an old man, but in reality, he and the group of men around him appeared mature but youthful looking. While they had weathered a lot of storms, they had aged in a way that still appeared young, vital, and energetic. They were not a bunch of old men. They just wore powdered wigs at times.

I later went to the library and my spirit guide took me to the shelf where a book called The Real Washington was on the stand and I picked it up and found a woman's description of that farewell to his officers, and she remarked on the tears and the sweetness there...I thought for once, someone in history wrote of an event that is exactly true and as it happened. It touched me a lot.

On that note, I came to know George Washington in a totally different way than I had ever perceived him earlier. It had a great effect and impact on me to know this man's heart. His love for this great cause was such that he truly sacrificed everything for the good of the whole.

It is with no modesty that I write this because I believe that the truth should be known and that God has blessed me with the gifts of learning of these men of the past, no matter what their relationship is to me.

After I leave each one personally, I do try to see what it is that holds them together as a single unit besides my recollections or memories or whatever it is that keeps me learning of each one of them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment