Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Left Behind

I have begun reading the book Left Behind which happens to be a fictionalized account of the rapture, or the time of the end when Jesus comes to claim those who will go into Heaven...it is a fantasy science fiction type read which apparently has had a following but I had been unaware of it until my neighbor led me to it. So I have begun to read this book. I know that it was made into a movie because I saw it offered at Big Lots for three bucks but always looked at it in wonder, but passed on it. It starred Kirk Cameron if I am correct in my memory. I will look it up and probably amend this statement.

No doubt there will be a trailer at youtube for me to post too.

For those who do not know what this book is about I will give a brief introduction to entice one into reading it...It begins on an airplane in which passengers suddenly disappear in "the twinkling of an eye" and are taken up into Heaven while leaving their clothing behind on the seat where they had been sitting. All young people and seemingly innocent people disappear at once. While this is happening on the plane causing all kinds of problems to the pilot, the crew, and some passengers, it is learned that it is happening worldwide at once all apparently simultaneously.

This leads to plane crashes, car crashes, train crashes, etc., and all kinds of mayhem.

Should I get involved in this discussion of revelation which is about to unfold before I even begin to read this series which has 16 different books in it?

I will say only this much at this point. I am suspending belief to accompany these men on their journey through this strange story of what if it were to happen to day and we would be amongst those left behind...do we get a second chance?

I will just let them lead me to their imaginations for awhile and not try to say too much about my own personal beliefs in the interpretation of Biblical scripture.

I had mentioned Nellie Brown in the previous post about horseracing, as my grandmother's name is Nellie so that is why I meant I could not lose on that, now, could I? I would have to bet on my grandmother in the land of Horse Heaven...near Yakima by the way for those who don't know that piece of trivia also.

At any rate, I have begun to read Left Behind, and did check out their website. I was able to pick up five books at the halfprice book store for a dollar a piece, quite a savings from those at the Barnes/Noble store...where we found them also.

These are in great condition and were in the clearance department. Thank my friend and neighbor, Janice, who has led me to this great find.

I told her about my story on the pope at St. Mary's church and the lights in my apartment which happened in my previous apartment. I believe in miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment