Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Developing Character study

Writing is a skill and a talent. Some people are naturally born writers who just have to spin a story, or write a poem, a song ditty, or maintain a journal of some kind. In my experience, writer's block is a matter of comfort. Usually, if one finally decides to let it all hang out in a journal or diary, one finally loses the freezing that is writer's block. I have had a tendency to freeze up many times due to the fact that I am aware that when one is on a feed that everyone can tap into and decide to steal if one likes the work well enough. Heck, my stuff they steal whether they like it or not it seems.

I get tired of having to write pretty paragraphs of description, whether of a neglected yard, with stacks of waste strewn about, broken chairs, old rusted frames of autos lying stranded on the front lawn, tin cans rattling about when the wind blows, worn and gutted front porches, old newspapers rotting and decaying in piles,
or of beautiful sights such as splashy colors of pink and red bougainvillia lining the patio next door, tall, stately palms spreading their fronds gloriously in the summer sky.

But once we let loose, the images come...an image came to me this morning of a muscular body with golden hair glistening....Oh my golly gee whiz, this one really got to me...I mean this is in vivid living color...just glorious to see this handsome muscular body, shimmering golden lights of hair all the way down to the pubic area, and I mean a natural golden blonde, just absolutely glorious...wow,did this ever impact me all day long! I am editing right now but oh my golly! this man is more than just a hunk! He is tres magnifique! oh my golly! what a sight!

On that note, I had to go to livejournal to release my thoughts about the daily tasks that Alexander as a young child had to perform in his care for his newly found friend, Bucephalus, and in his regular training schedule in acquiring defense skills and military prowess.

On a daily basis, Alexander would have had to spend a lot of time riding his horse, grooming his friend, feeding him, caring for his hooves, brushing his coat, cleansing his teeth, and regularly tending to his physical and emotional needs. He also had to study his lessons, geography, math, reading, writing, speech development, and the regularity of daily physical routines in the preparation for the military.

He would have had to muck his stalls, arrange his life around the care of this great horse. Naturally, caretakers would do these jobs, but the young prince himself had to know firsthand for himself all the needs and requirements of the care of the horse as in the beginning only he could get near him to perform these simple tasks. Alexander would have had to have trained others who would have then been able to accomplish those same tasks later when necessary.

The care of Bucephalus did not end just because Alexander was able to ride him to the astonishment of his father.

Alexander was never an instant success as such...he too, like every child, had to grow into a state of responsibility and experience through the acquisition of those skills he learned through programmed learning as well as personal involvement. He participated in programs of development that were custom made for his personal growth.

In all the biographies of Alexander, only Leonidas and Aristotle are mentioned as his instructors, but without a doubt, he learned from everyone around him. Portents of his birth are mentioned that signify greatness for him. The dreams of his father and his mother are always taken as having had great value and worth for his future as a great leader. It is almost amusing that his lion like status is foretold and later naturally apparently drilled into him so that he is deified before he has even begun to develop as a child. With so much expected of him, it is surely easy to see that he had a glorious future to anticipate.

His mother is portrayed as some kind of religious fantatic whose ambitions for her son are that he will possess and own the world around him, that he is the son of Zeus, and that he must succeed as a kind of young god. Exactly what the gods of that time were perceived to be is undeniably an unknown to today's minds as all the gods of that time have been dismissed as fantasies so that the real impact of their power cannot be truly understood in light of the fact that that they are now relegated to myth and legend.

The greek and roman gods of yesteryear have been supplanted by a belief in Jesus Christ in Christian circles, and are not credited by other relgious bodies, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and how ever many other practicing religious bodies populate the earth today...but at that time the Greek gods and goddesses were real to those who accepted and honored them. Zeus was the apparent ruling god of the day, and as such, had fathered many demi gods, and Alexander is one of those whose mother has implanted the seed that he is a son of Zeus himself.

The problem for students of history is to determine if Olympias and Alexander in truth are correct that in some fashion Zeus did actually personally create Alexander in the womb of Olympias, or is he the son of his father, Philip, as at one time even Olympias professes that he is. None of these stories about Olympias's statements can ever be taken too seriously, imho, as stories go. But supposedly, in an offhand humorous attempt I am certain she has suggested that even Alexander has gone a bit too far in his statements that suggest that Zeus and not Philip is the real father of Alexander. I take it as a humorous statement. Words in cold type can never be truly understood without proper qualifications, but to say that Alexander had better stop saying that he is son of Zeus or she would be accused of adulterous behavior strikes me as a funny, not a serious comment. Jokingly she laughed his theories of his paternity off while forgetting all the while that she is who planted the seed in the first place. Just like a mother to be that way! Accusing her son of her own deeds.



Stories about Olympias's loving to have snakes around her which caused the loss of an eye in Philip while supposedly peering at her when he should not have are as silly imho as those of Alexander's having been born of Zeus in the form of a snake.

I find it ludicrous to believe that Philip was afraid of Olmpias and her snakes that she is supposed to have had around her much of the time. She was a member of a religious body whereupon she is said to have had wild orgies. This wantoness is what is supposed to have originally attracted Philip to her. So why later is it that biographers want to say that Philip was repelled by her loving snakes so much.

It amazes me that I have been drawn into the discussion of someone like Alexander, but an image came to me this morning and so here I am again discussing all this now...Just to set the record straight. Oh, boy, with that image in mind, I am ever so happy that I embarked upon this study. I mean that picture in my mind is so absolutely sexy and phenomenal that I cannot get over it! Alexander is all man and I mean really a true dream man...Yikes! I am smitten all over again.

I agree now that anyone would have probably done anything for him because they all seemed to have seen him that way often enough...the first time for me in that position.

I think it has to do with the horses. I have come to really like horses, and while I do not like some aspects of horse racing, I became very attracted to horses at the track. I got caught up in them years ago. I do not ride horses. I had been on a horse once as a child, and it turned back to nip at me, and I did not like it. I once upon a time wandered into a field, where a horse was on the loose which came up and reared up at me, and I walked as slowly and carefully as possible to get away from that horse. I had no idea why it did that but I did not want it coming down on me. I still cannot explain why sometimes when I go near a stall that horses will rear up and stand only on their hind legs. I do send out silent commands to them, and because I was able to get away from that horse that was stalking me that day in that field, I never believed the story that Alexander had thrown Abulites to the horses to kill him with their hooves. I wrote a piece about it, granted, as I was simply showing the difference between story telling and an actual statement.

But because when I was in Morenci, and had that incident with the horse itself, and the result is that I patiently and carefully walked slowly away, and would not show any fear, I was able to succeed in getting into a safe place. But I have never forgotten it, and afraid I was inside that that horse might try to strike me. But it did not.

Now I do not believe in karma in the sense of what many people try to say that it is. I have never known what to make of all these experiences that I have when I can go back into yesterday and relive only a fragment of a life as I do, but I have done it. I have accepted it. I have realized only the Heavenly side of that life, even when it is doing battle. Just as today we think angels accompany us, in that time, the belief is that the gods and goddesses accompany the soldiers.

There is little doubt in my mind that the gods did accompany Alexander, as he is the most dutiful, slavishly obedient to the will and demands of the gods of any of these military leaders...Alexander deserves his due on that. I yellowmarked one book of Arrian's I believe, showing how many times it is mentioned that Alexander does a sacrifice and creates an altar...Constantly! The gods were revered and honored by Alexander, and as a result, he was the greatest success of all military leaders.

If I draw this sketch, I may wonder at myself! What happens is that vibrations and senses of life make these visions so real and lifelike that they are truly living and breathing it appears...I mean this vision is so magnificent that it is incredible...oh to be a painter, but again, the importance of life is breath, warmth, nervous system, all that is moving...we are all electrons but some of us are put together in a way that is simply astounding! I now know full well why it is so easy to accept Alexander at face value for who he is and was! OH MY GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment