Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cats and Childhood

I was thinking of my mother today since it is her birthday and I had a dream that seemed to have her in it, and so I found a childhood photo of mine which she had kept in a folder...the picture really got to me as I had not seen it in years, and because I have started a new server site I used a photo taken last summer on it. I could finally see that the two pictures do resemble one another more than I would have thought. But the childhood photo really got to me as I could see the kind of innocence and trust that I reveal in that photo and it surprised me and saddened me more than I thought it would.

I grew up in a town that is very rough on its children. The part of the USA that I knew as a child I frankly would not permit a child of mine to be raised in if I could help it. Children are ultimately simply too helpless and dependent to ever realize what it is that causes them to become the kind of person they eventually grow into being. I do believe that whatever you are as a child is what you will become as an adult. But most small towns seem to be alike, in as much as they are structured alike. But children can not choose their environment and determine their lives for themselves at all...They simply depend upon their parents to do all this for them until they are fully grown and capable to go out into the world to earn a living for themselves.

We are taught that we are in the land of the free. That is balderdash and nonsense. There is no such thing as true freedom and liberty anywhere on the face of the planet. To understand what true freedom is would require time that at this writing I will not attempt.

But to think that we are in the land of liberty and freedom is as much true as that Santa Claus lives at the North Pole and flies through the air at Christmas to deliver toys to needy little boys and girls...just t'aint so.

For the record, for me the truth of freedom or liberty is simply to know yourself, and that may even mean reincarnation of former lifetimes to enter this one, and to know that you can be true to yourself...that is freedom...free from lies, from error, from doubt...to be free is an attitude and a knowledge more than a prescribed role in society, whether subject to a divine ruler, or to a divine concept, or to a self regulated prescription of a law or legal system.

If one reads the Bible well, one learns that we are all slaves of the flesh...nobody is exempt.

I looked at the photo of myself as a child and realized that little did I know then what I know now, and that my life story to date is one with which I can take some satisfaction in having done a few things well enough to be happy that I lasted this long to acquire so much in such a short lifetime.

I did take a course that was spiritual more than material and I reaped the benefits therein.

There are many values in life, there are many lifestyles, and today because of instant communication, we can advance faster than we could in times past. My lifestyle is not one of materialized success by any means. I am at the empty end of the tank when it comes to acquisitions of largesse and value in materialistic attainments and I know it. We do not really need any more than we can use, and I learned early enough that materialism is a pain more than a pleasure at times, but it is a matter of necessity that we acquire some for daily use in living.

I purchased a financial planning program years ago at which I learned immediately what it takes to make money in the USA. After all that is where I live so that is the most likely place I can earn a fortune if possible.

Volume and quantity are the key words in making and amassing a fortune. I studied the various business opportunities and realized that paper is probably the least expensive investment with the most likely return to propel one into a good fortune. Information is one of the most important products that we have to sell, and anyone who knows how can succeed in selling to those who want the product.

What disturbs most people is that once they have acquired everything on the face of the earth, whether in reality or only in imagination, is that then they realize that while they have succeeded in accomplishing their goals, they have not obtained true inner happiness.

One can win the game all the time until one tires of simply playing it. One has to learn what success at winning does to you and whether you are really capable of enjoying it.

Who is genuinely more fulfilled? Bill Gates, John Paul Getty, or some guru who sits atop a mountain in India and meditates and communes.

Unless you are able to be at one with either of them to know what is inside their minds and hearts, one can not really know which is the more fulfilled or happier or whatever it is that causes them to be where they are.

Because I have an ability to on occasions be able to somehow or other find myself at one with another, I do know the reason a guru can sit atop the mountain and meditate and be fulfilled.

I can honestly say that I have been there...the guru is in a state of total fulfillment whereas I am sure that the entrepreneur whose sole purpose has been financial gains and attainment is only in a deeper stage of dissatisfaction and the need to do more for it is only lack that continues his drive. If fulfilled, he would have stopped, rested, and taken a vacation from it all to do something else.

That's all for now...bedtime

No comments:

Post a Comment