Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Rogue Classicism article

Believe it or not, tonight I decided to check to see if anything new is at Pothos discussion forum. I found a story regarding Alexander's death that made some sense to me. I must explain first that yesterday morning I awoke from a dream that bothered me so that I would not discuss it or talk about it. It had really made me think.

In it, my brother and I are standing looking at a waterfall, and it was a small narrow kind of waterfall where I could see all the water droplets flying into the air as they fell one by one into the abyss below...It seemed that my brother was urging me to look at it, and when I looked down, all I could see was a black void.

I didn't discuss this dream because of the black void...I didn't like it. So as I have often compared reincarnation to waterfalls I thought it had something to do with that.

Tonight at Pothos I found an article regarding the death of Alexander made by Discovery News, in which Rogue Classicism was discussing it. In reading it, I learned of mountains in Greece, and something called the Black Water. I will see if I can find it and bring it here, or at least get the information correct. It did lead to a place called Achaia, Greece, where there is a place called "black water" that has waterfalls that stream down a mountainside, creating some kind of poisonous materials.

So I went to images at Google and asked for Achaia, Greece, and found many images and then added the black water to it, and came up with a picture of a nymph at some Imaginary Museum blogsite that finally led me to a picture of the nymph with the waterfalls in the background looking very similar to the waterfall in the dream...naturally the nymph is a naked beautiful woman reminding me of Rima in Green Mansions...

Now we wonder what the dream really meant? It had a certain foreboding to me that I had not liked until I read the story at Pothos. Oh, thank Heaven, all it was really about is Alexander. Oh Good, I can relax now.

In looking up information about the river styx I did find that the river and the blackness represents hatred and detestation. There is a lot of information about the superstitions and beliefs on the Styx. I shan't repeat right now. But it is true that the custom was to make certain in some cultures that the dead had coins to cover their eyeballs so that they could cross the river.

I am mulling over this dream probably a bit more than I should, but dreams do have a way of alerting us to current situations...I am thinking about it..

No comments:

Post a Comment