Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Imagery

One of the more important women in Alexander's life is a young girl who at 15 dazzled him with her smile and her dance when he and his troopers dined at her father's banquet after Alexander had defeated him. The two then most beautiful women in the world were Statira, wife of King Darius, and Roxanne, the young teenage daughter of Oxyartes, a leader of a band in Sogdiana. They called her Little Star in honor of her great beauty, and supposedly, she and Alexander fell in love at first sight.

I did relive the memory of their wedding night, and this scene I also described in some detail at Alexander-Macedon group where I was greeted with a certain amount of extreme jealousy and hostility. I have learned that when one has knowledge of a person of fame that others are extremely jealous and protective about their own interest in that so called icon of history.

But I found myself watching this tiny, petite dark haired beauty dance slowly in front of me. She has long cascading black hair which reaches to her waist. She is tiny and small, almost a miniature, but has the most beautiful oval almost slanted eyes that are enormous. She is truly one of the most beautiful women of the world. The animation of her face, her soft, swaying movements as she danced slowly, disrobing and removing her thin transparent sheath of a gown to show her bare shoulders and bosom made me pull myself out of my reclining position and move up to hold her, kiss her, and take her in my arms.

I woke up then and fell to sleep.

When these memories occur, it is easy to simply fall to sleep, and awaken the next morning to have to recall them. It always surprised me that I did remember so well so many details. I cannot explain why that is. It is just how it happened for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment