Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Marie Adelaide and Madame de Maintenon

While I am remembering this at this sitting, I do want to write about the time that I was walking in the garden with Madame de Maintenon aka Francois d'Aubigne and Marie Adelaide came half skipping and running up to us. Madame and I were sauntering our way along a pathway when suddenly young Marie Adelaide came up, skipping and running, and stopped in front of us, as we are standing side by side, and she does her little curtsy in Italian style, and beamed and smiled and skipped and ran ahead of us then. I was so taken in by her, her huge wide eyes, her sweetness, that I have been in love with her ever since.

I have a relative who I always think of when I think of Marie Adelaide as I remember when Tammy came to my grandparent's (mother) funeral and said hello to us...Somehow or other the two remind me of one another...as I loved Tammy and the way she spoke to us at the time.

Marie Adelaide is the love of Louis's life after she comes to reside at the Chateau as she is the epitome of all his dreams for the Chateau of the future. She will be able to grace the halls as nobody else can do with her youthful exuberance and enthusiasm. She is a fun person, a forerunner to Marie Antoinette in many ways, yet having had the advantage of meeting with a King who knew how to protect and keep her. There are many similarities between Marie Adelaide and Marie Antoinette, but Marie Adelaide was never meant to have her destiny as a future queen of France as she died so young which broke the king's heart.

Louis's life is marked with many tragedies. But I happened to be lucky to learn of all the good times that he had,so I consider all this revelation about him to be Heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment