Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Gordian Knot

I found a connection oddly enough between George Washington and Alexander while trying to learn the truth about the story of the Gordian Knot. There are two versions of the story which are told, and one must be discerning about which may be correct or incorrect. In my memory method I learned that Alexander had actually pulled the rope apart by finding the place where they were able to be loosed, and that for some reason led me to an old picture of the Washington coat of arms as known in England. I found that to be most illuminating because my experience had been that with the guidance of one of the gods or goddesses he did find the way to loosen the knot and thus he was able to claim his role as rightful king of Asia. The way the knot then appeared after it was loosed is what caused me to then find the coat of arms in which a rope is seen looking exactly like the knot that I had seen while in this state of trance. I found that to be the most fascinating thing I could learn about this story of Alexander's triumph.

1 comment:

  1. I wish to explain that I am using my phone to read this and a simple touch can mess things up.

    ReplyDelete