Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, July 19, 2010

Two down

So far I have confessed to having learned of two lifetimes of the past: George Washington and Louis XIV. I had discussed George fairly openly when I lived in California, being a bit stupid and naive to think that people would think that I am all right in the head, not being self aggrandizing but simply accepting something that I had learned and was amazed at the possibility of even remotely being true. I had not fully believed it, but it did tickle my fancy to think what if.

I did not know George that well then either as frankly all any of us ever know about former people who achieve fame in some way is what others say about them and then is changed for our learning experience today...in other words, none of us know anything about them at all but what is their earned reputation and record of events and achievements that caused them to become famous.

I was a history scholarship winner when I was in high school. We had state scholarship tests, and I knew history by the memory method, of knowing what to say is right or wrong in tests, but in fact, that is a parrot regurgitating data, as I have learned to my chagrin that history as it is taught is not true history at all, but instead a chronicle full of dates, events, and moments.

We know that people lived and died before we came into the world...we are a result of many of their accomplishments. Each nation of the world has some history, but some nations know how to record and keep the artifacts of that time period so that we continue to know something about it today. Some nations have little history as their particular culture did not find fit to record it at all. Many nations today continue to live without making a history for themselves.

So in the end, history is a written record that man wants people to know at some future date.

In fact, one lifetime that I will explore after I do Alexander has only a skant history at all.

But in the end, the written word is not ever the true record of that time period as I have learned, but the spiritual record is the truth and is the living body of the person who lived in that age.

I have been there enough times to know that the spiritual record is the real truth of the person and persons who lived in that age.

No comments:

Post a Comment